The deadline to register to vote for the primary election is May 6th! Don't wait any longer!
To register you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have lived in Mississippi and in your county (and city, if applicable) 30 days before Election Day
- be 18 years old by the time of the general election in which you want to vote (born on or after November 8, 2004)
- have not been convicted of voter fraud, murder, rape, bribery, theft, arson, obtaining money or goods under false pretense, perjury, forgery, embezzlement, bigamy, armed robbery, extortion, felony bad check, felony shoplifting, larceny, receiving stolen property, robbery, timber larceny, unlawful taking of a motor vehicle, statutory rape, carjacking, or larceny under lease or rental agreement, or have had your rights restored as required by law
- not have been declared mentally incompetent by a court